Sunday, February 20, 2011

Post 1 - Introducing ourselves...

I thought it would be fun for both of us to write in this post and compare our different viewpoints.

From Ashley's point of view:

I am not really sure where to start...but here it goes..

I have lived in PA my entire life...I was born in Myerstown, spent most of my childhood in Lewistown, went to school in Huntingdon & State College, and have now settled with my family in Hummelstown, PA. Do I like it here?? Most of the time... Other times I feel like we need to experience other places in the world. This is all we know. Don't get me wrong... I like living close to family and having the support, but I still feel a pull to try something new...Maybe some day?

When I think about my childhood, I remember how painfully shy I was (Ryan has brought me out of my shell)!! I grew up dancing... oh, how I loved ballet, and oh, how I miss it now. Cheerleading competitions also took up a big chunk of my life growing up. I also remember the fun memories I shared with my good friends Jenna, Chrissy, Heather, and there were/are many more. I remember how much I just wanted to graduate high school and start my adult life...not realizing how simple and easy things were! I would never go back, but life was easy!

Ryan and I started dating when we were freshmen in high school. I know it sounds silly, especially back then, but I just knew he was the one. If one of my nieces were to tell me that they met "the one" now at the ages they are at (17 and 18), I would chuckle and think they were crazy. But, I really knew that he was the one. He is my best friend, and I would be 100 percent lost without him. We dated throughout high school and college. He proposed to me on my 21st birthday and we were married when we were 23 years old. We just celebrated our 11th Valentine's Day together and our first Valentine's Day as parents.

Connor Thomas entered our world and turned it upside down on 6/27/10 which makes him 8 months old right now. He is the absolute best thing that Ryan and I have ever done. He is such a sweetie pie and he melts our hearts every single day. He absolutely LOVES his daddy and looks just like him.

We want more babies, but we don't know exactly when. I guess we will know when the time is right.

I went to school to become an ultrasound tech and that is how we ended up here in Hummelstown. I work at Hershey Med part-time. Ryan followed and got a job with The Hershey Company as a Supply Planner which means lots and lots of sweet treats for me.

Right now I am enjoying messing around with photography. My only subject has really been my son, Connor. I am loving it and hoping it is something I could possibly make money off of in the future.

Well, I guess that is us in a nutshell!

From Ryan's point of view:

Our small (but growing!) family consists of Ashley, Connor, and Ryan. Connor is our 8 month old son who, at 18.5 lbs, seems to fill up every room he is in with smiles and laughter. He is quite possibly the most curious little boy in the world and now that he is becoming mobile we are surely in for some chasing around the house. Since June of last year Connor has been the center of our world and he’s made every day and everything we do more enjoyable!

Ashley is the calm, cool, and collected mommy who could win mother-of-the-year hands down. She has embraced motherhood with open arms and always sees the best in each new thing that parenting brings. Her devotion to her family makes life much easier for both Daddy and Connor! But, she is more than just a mommy….she is a wife, a daughter, and a friend. Everyone who knows her would tell you that she is someone that they trust and confide in. She’s the best friend anyone could hope for!

Ryan is the logical and practical daddy who keeps everyone on schedule and within budget! He is looking forward to teaching Connor everything that little boys need to know (and maybe some things they shouldn’t, too!).


..Post 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment