Saturday, February 19, 2011

Approaching 8 months!

It's been awhile since my last post; we have been busy as usual! I don't want to jinx myself, but Connor has had a great run of night time sleep!! It has been about a week and 1/2 where he has slept from 8:30-4ish, gotten up to eat, and then gone back to sleep until around 7am! We feel like a whole new family!! We did have one night where he had a bunch of wakings, but it wasn't so bad, especially since we were rested! He has been a little "off" today and I am wondering if yet another tooth is in the midst. He also hasn't been napping as much during the day, so I am thinking maybe that is helping him sleep better at night. Despite not getting much sleep throughout the day, he is still a pretty pleasant baby!

We had a run of great weather this week! Friday we hit temps in the 60s! We were able to go on a bunch of walks with daddy, Liz & Ravi, and Libby & Emily. Connor's great uncle, Dennis, also took him for a stroll or two while he babysat for us last night so that Ryan and I could help Liz celebrate her birthday!

We are getting extremely excited for our upcoming ski trip to Killington, VT. We leave for VT in two weeks! I think we are most nervous about the 8+ hr drive with an 8 month old! We are thinking about making the drive over night. I am sure we will have a lot of pictures to post from that trip!

I have been simply amazed at how much Connor has been getting around on the floor the past week or so. He has been rolling for about a month, but now he can scoot around a little bit and move in a circle to reach a toy if he needs to. He isn't crawling yet, but I am sure that is not too far off. I am actually hoping that crawling waits until after our VT trip because I am sure the condo where we are staying is not baby proofed! Speaking of baby proofing, we need to do that.

I mentioned in my last post about how Connor grabs the blinds when he is on his changing table. Well, no amount of no-nos were getting him to stop so we decided to rearrange his nursery! ha ha. He now claws at the wall!

Another milestone Connor has recently met is feeding himself! I gave him a "puff" the other day while he was in his highchair to try to keep him content so I could clean up the kitchen. A "puff" looks like a cheerio but dissolves much faster than a cheerio. I really didn't think he would pick it up and put it in his mouth, but he did! The last time we gave him one he couldn't even pick it up off the tray! He only gets the "puff" in his mouth about 1/2 of the time, but that is great! I am amazed by how fast he is growing. Ryan and I have noticed that he has been grabbing the puffs with his left hand; maybe we have a lefty? He has also gotten the hang of using a sippy cup and understands that he needs to tip it up in order to get anything out of it.

New foods Connor has had since my last post: bananas, blueberries, squash... next on the list is broccoli (nervous about this one and that it may cause some tummy aches) and some pear flavored yogurt.

Foods Connor is protesting: any and all things green!!

I am absolutely over my anxiety with Connor sleeping on his tummy -- there is no stopping him from doing it!

One of my friends and fellow bloggers is doing a 30 day blog challenge. I loved the idea so much that I think I am going to try it too! I am going to try my best to do it every day, but that may be impossible the days that I work. So, instead of a 30 day blog challenge, I am going to call it a 30 post blog challenge! Starting tomorrow...

Post 1 - Introduce our family
Post 2 - A habit that you wish you didn't have
Post 3 - Short term goals for this month and why
Post 4 - Someone you want to switch lives with for a day and why
Post 5 - Nicknames you have and why you have them
Post 6 - A picture of you now and of last year and how you have changed
Post 7 - What I would find in your bag
Post 8 - A picture of something that makes you happy
Post 9 - Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, excited, mad...
Post 10 - Something you are proud of in the last few days
Post 11 - A picture of somewhere you have been
Post 12 - What you ate today
Post 13 - A moment
Post 14 - Your favorite birthday
Post 15 - Something that upsets you
Post 16 - Something that makes you feel better
Post 17 - Something that makes you cry
Post 18 - Your fears
Post 19 - Your favorite place
Post 20 - Something that you miss
Post 21 - Where you see yourself in 10 years
Post 22 - Favorite vacation memories
Post 23 - A song to match your mood
Post 24 - A TV show you are currently addicted to
Post 25 - Something you don't leave the house without
Post 26 - 15 facts about yourself
Post 27 - Something you could never get tired of doing
Post 28 - Your day in great detail
Post 29 - Hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
Post 30 - One last moment

So there it is.... could be fun! Hopefully Ryan can do it with me, although he's a pretty busy guy with taking classes for his MBA right now.

Until next time!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment