Wednesday, February 2, 2011

7 months old...and yet another tooth!

Have I mentioned that I really, really dislike the whole teething process??? Connor got tooth #4 this week! He does great during the day (minus the cold symptoms he gets with his teeth), but his night time sleep is greatly interrupted! Last night, he was in bed around 8:30 pm and then was up screaming at 10:30 pm. He also had wakings at 11:30 pm, 1:30 am, and a few others that I cannot remember. The night is a blur. Ryan and I are longing for the night when he starts sleeping better. One or two nights a week, he will have a good stretch of sleep...around 6 hours. On top of the bad nights, he is also an early riser and not the best napper during the day!! He baffles me!! ha ha. We are super happy and lucky that he is so pleasant during the day!

Connor's "thing" this week is clicking his tongue. He does it nonstop! As I write this, I am listening to him over the monitoring clicking away! He just woke up from his nap and is playing by himself in his crib. Every now and then I hear him say da-da and blow raspberries (two more of his favorite things to do right now). He has also decided that he is going to become a tummy sleeper which has given me a little bit of anxiety. The "experts" now say that back sleeping is best for babies. But, I cannot control his rolling. He has become quite mobile lately and has mastered rolling from his back to his belly and from his belly to his back (both left and right ways)!! He can pretty much get wherever he wants. I think crawling is probably right around the corner. I just mentioned he likes to blow raspberries...the kid is phenomenal at it!! He can really blow some good raspberries!! :) In addition to all of that, Connor has also found his hair and learned how to splash with his arms and legs in the bath tub! The past few days he has been pulling his hair and wincing when he does it, yet he continues to do it again and again!

Connor turned 7 months old last Thursday -- where has the time gone?? He is really growing. I swear every day he does something different and new!

Connor is beginning to learn the word 'no'. I know he really doesn't understand right from wrong just yet, and I really don't want one of his first words to be no, but there are a few things he does that definitely warrants a stern no, no, no!!  For instance, with the delightful teething process that we are going through, he likes to bite everything, including my shoulder!! He can bite very hard, and it hurts!! When he does it, I'll tell him no. Sometimes I get a smile back, and other times he'll start to cry like I just broke his heart! He also likes to pull on the blinds while we change his diaper. We naively placed the changing table next to the window!! I try to tell him no when he does it because he really pulls on them hard! I am sure there are many more no, nos to come as he starts to explore a little more.

We have discovered a new place for Connor to play! He loves, loves, loves to sit in the laundry basket with a bunch of toys. He'll sit there for hours!



Connor also went to his first Hershey Bears game!! As you can see below, he was really excited!:)



Well, since this is Valentine's Day month, I guess I'll share the Valentine's Day pictures that I took of Connor a few weeks ago.









That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment