Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meal #8 ~ Another easy peasy crock pot recipe!

This recipe was so easy & yummy. We will definitely make it again!

Herb Chicken and Tomatoes

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs
2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) diced tomatoes
1 envelope herb and garlic soup mix
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Hot cooked pasta or rice
Shredded Parmesan cheese


1. I always spray my slow cooker with cooking spray!!

2. In slow cooker, combine chicken, tomatoes, soup mix and sugar.

** I couldn't find the correct soup mix at our grocery store, so I just used an onion soup mix.
*** Funny story...when we were eating this meal, both Ryan and I commented that it was good, but a little too sweet. Next time I was planning on cutting back on the amount of sugar. As I was writing this out, I realized that I misread the amount of sugar the recipe calls for. I added 1/4 CUP of sugar instead of 1/4 teaspoon! Ha ha. Pregnancy brain! Or maybe the result of trying to rush to get this together because Connor was destroying something in the other room. Ha!

3. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve with pasta or rice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 

Before

After!! Smells so yummy!
At the last minute, I decided to substitute brown rice for pasta.


The verdict: Like I said above, we really liked this recipe & ate all the leftovers the next day (despite being a tad too sweet..ha ha).

Link to Herb Chicken & Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment