Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meal # 12 ~ 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

This was yet another Pinterest find!

15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

Ingredients:
1 medium sized ripe avocado, pitted
1/2 lemon juiced + lemon zest to garnish
2-3 cloves garlic, to taste (I used 5, but I doubled the recipe & it was still pretty garlicky)
1/2 tsp salt, to taste
1/4 c fresh basil (I used dried basil and used <1/8th of a cup)
2 tablespoons EVOO
6 oz of pasta (I used penne because it is easy for Connor to eat)
Pepper, to taste


1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. While pasta is cooking, place garlic, lemon juice, & EVOO in a food processor and process until smooth.


3. Now add pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth.


4. Toss avocado sauce and pasta until fully combined. Garnish with pepper and lemon zest, if desired. I skipped this; we aren't a fancy restaurant!! Ha ha.


Note: This dish does not reheat well due to avocado.

I doubled the recipe before I read the above note. I am going to see how it tastes reheated anyhow.

For dinner we had Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken, my avocado pasta, and butter bread! I'll post the link to the chicken recipe at the end because that was really yummy too!



The verdict: We all loved the pasta! We loved the entire dinner! I think I'll add some veggies to the pasta the next time I make it!

Link to 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

Link to Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment