Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day #3 ~ Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles

So everyone knows by now that the crock pot is my favorite kitchen tool!! Fix it and forget it, right? The purpose of my resolution is for me to branch out beyond the crock pot, but we made our grocery list for this week before I chose my resolution. Regardless, you will see some crock pot recipes here and there; I can't give it up for good!!

Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles
Ingredients:
1-1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast or thighs
1/4 c cooking sherry (red or white)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. flour
Cooked noodles



The chicken is missing in my ingredient photo because I got ahead of myself & already put it in the crock pot.

1. Place the chicken (I had thighs), sherry, & soup in the crock pot. I always spray my crock pot with cooking spray first for easier clean up. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. I always start my crock pot meals after lunch, so I set my crock pot on high.

2. Approx 30 min before serving. Mix the sour cream & flour and add that to the crock pot. Set crock pot on low for 30 minutes (if you use the high setting, the sour cream may curdle). I added a little water at this point because it just looked like it "needed" it. Ha ha.

3. Cook your noodles - we had egg noodles.

4. Serve the chicken & gravy over the noodles and you're done!

We had peas and corn (one of Connor's favorites) to go along with it and we also pulled out the leftover bread from the previous night's meal to have with our dinner!



The verdict: Very good...and very good warmed up the next day! I think I'll add mushrooms & maybe onions next time!

http://www.crockpotchicken.net/slow-cooker-chicken-and-noodles.html

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use cooking spray! I've never tried that before :-) I need to bookmark your blog for the next time I'm searching for what to make for dinner!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete