Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just an update...

I thought I would take a quick break from our 30 post challenge! It's been fun, but it has also been hard to keep up with it every day. Hopefully Ryan and I can catch up tonight; the past 2 days have been busy!!

This week is packed full of Ryan trying to finish up his first class towards his MBA and us getting ready for our Vermont trip next week!! Busy, busy, busy!! We leave for Vermont on Sunday @ 12am. We are going to drive overnight to minimize the affects of our travels on Connor's schedule. Hopefully the trip will take about 8-9 hours, but probably more because I'm sure we'll make plenty of stops to give him a break from the carseat and to eat/change his diaper. We cannot get into the condo until 4pm on Sunday, so we have a lot of time to kill once we are there. Ryan found a few things for us to do including visiting a kid friendly farm & a place where they make maple syrup -- YUM!

Once we get there and are settled, we will have 5 straight days of skiing! We are going to be so tired, but it'll be a lot of fun! Connor is going to spend the days with my uncle, Dennis, who is going along to cook and babysit! I'm sure we will be in and out of the condo all day long to take breaks from skiing. Ryan and I are hoping to get him out in the snow on his sled each day and also into the indoor pool! I'm super excited to be celebrating my 26th birthday over our trip! What a great way to spend my birthday! We come home the following Saturday. If the overnight trip to VT goes well, we will probably drive back overnight as well.

Speaking of swimming, I signed Connor and I up for swim lessons starting March 30th! They run for 5 weeks. I am very excited to get him in the pool!

Connor is continuing to become more and more mobile. He still is not crawling, but he can get anywhere he wants by rolling and doing a little bit of scooting. He is becoming more curious; I caught him opening the cabinets of our entertainment center this week! ha ha. Ryan and I have gone into babyproofing mode!

He has gotten a few new foods over the past few weeks: squash, yogurt, butternut squash, mangoes. His menu is growing!!!

We've been taking him out shopping lately when we run to the grocery store or to target. He loves, loves, loves sitting in the cart!! He also loves it in the high chair when we go out to eat. He will sit there the entire time as long as I keep giving him his finger food snacks to eat. He has developed some pretty good motor skills to be able to feed himself. He can pick food out of my hand and get it into his mouth most of the time! He's growing so fast!!

I'm going to try to take some St. Patrick's Day pictures later today after his nap. Since Connor has some Irish blood in him, I thought St. Paddy's Day pictures should be mandatory!!

Well, that's all for now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment