Thursday, August 26, 2010

Connor meets Emily!

Our baby boy is 2 months old this week! VERY hard to believe!! In many ways, I'm excited for him to get a little bigger so that he's able to interact with us more, but in so many other ways I'm very sad to even see him reach the 2 month mark! He has already changed so much since we brought him home from the hospital. He's pretty much holding his head up on his own, he smiles and coos, he has his own little personality, he's sleeping very well at night, & he's growing and growing!!! Where does the time go?

This past weekend we were visiting family in Lewistown. We split up the time between grandparent's houses. On Saturday, we went to Olivia's 10th birthday party at the roller skating rink. Ryan promised Olivia he would skate, so of course, I was forced out there as well. It was Ryan & I and about 6 ten year olds out on the rink! We actually had fun -- Ryan was quite funny to watch (I'm sure I was too)! We both got better as the party went on! I couldn't convince him to play limbo with me though! Limbo was interesting...very competitive (haha!!)! I got third place! Isn't it sad that I'm excited that I got third place in limbo at my 10 year old niece's birthday party?? Gosh, we need to get out more!:) While we were home, we realized that we sleep MUCH better with Connor in his own room than in the room with us. We had him in a pack n play in our room over the weekend, and we slept horribly!! He's a noisy little guy!

This week we had visitors again. Kristel and Olivia were with us Sun night - Tuesday. Olivia and I didn't do too much because the weather wasn't that great. We were hoping to go for walks, but both days looked very dreary and like it could start downpouring at any time. Of course, I don't think it rained more than a sprinkle here and there, so we could have gone for walks! Wednesday we had the Pauls (Libby & Greg) over for dinner with their new sweet babygirl, Emily! We met the Pauls in one of our childbirth classes and after the babies were born Libby and I started e-mailing back and forth to compare birth stories & share our experiences over the past weeks. Miss Emily is very sweet and looks so tiny compared to Connor. They are only 2 and 1/2 weeks apart in age, but Emily was born a month early at about 5 1/2 lbs! Below are pictures of Connor & Emily (sorry I go a little overboard with pictures!!!):

Hi Emily! Welcome to my nursery...
Are you playing hard to get?
Would you like to try chewing on MY fist???
Make sure you try all of the fingers!!
This weekend we are heading back to Lewistown again. We have a wedding reception and a baby shower to attend! Ryan is coming home Sunday night, but Connor and I are staying in Lewistown until Wednesday so that Daddy can have some peace and quite to study for his GMATs next week. We'll head home Wednesday for his 2 month check up! We're very excited to see how much he weighs, but not so happy that he'll be receiving his immunizations.

Connor is definitely filling out these days! Below is a picture of his oh so many rolls! :) He's also wearing a cloth diaper!

Another prayer request: My cousins, Sean & Jen, are expecting their 3rd babygirl in October. However, Jen has been having contractions and they do not think she is going to make it to her due date. She's been put on partial bedrest and they will be happy if she makes it to Sept or hopefully mid-Sept before baby Phoebe arrives!! Please pray that baby Phoebe doesn't arrive too early so that she can stay out of the NICU!! They've already given her shots to help Phoebe's lungs develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment