Friday, August 20, 2010

Pictures & Pouty Lips

Kristel and Olivia spent Mon-Wed with us this week! I think Olivia had a lot of fun with Connor; it is amazing how much she dotes over him and notices all the "little things" about him -- how he has a swirl in his hair on the back of his head and how she catches every one of his little smiles! Olivia and I went for a walk and did some shopping during the day and one evening the 3 of us went for hibachi while Ryan studied for his GMAT exam. Side note: Ryan is taking his GMATs because he's hoping to go back to PSU to get his MBA in January. Anyhow, I was amazed at how well Connor did at dinner. I was so afraid he'd start crying when he saw the fire and heard all the noises they make while cooking. Daddy would have been so proud; he showed no fear!! What a little man! :) I think Kristel and Olivia will be back Mon-Wed next week too!

Ed, Vickie, Danielle, and the girls also visited this week. They all commented on how much Connor looks like Ryan. I love it --> not only do I have a studly husband:) but I also have a son who is as cute as can be that looks just like his daddy. If I didn't give birth to him, I'd question if he was mine! :) Sophia and Cora had fun with him and both of them had their time holding him with Vickie. They also had fun playing games with Olivia. Connor was so happy to meet them! Below is a picture of Connor where everyone thinks he looks exactly like Ryan (you can't tell in the picture, but he's sporting a Steelers onsie):



The cloth diapers came in the mail on Monday! I spent all evening on Monday preparing them for him to wear. You have to wash them a certain way before you wear them. Anyhow, on Tuesday we tried one out and it went well! The only thing that amazed me was how big they make his bum look! He looks soooo cute wearing just the diaper, and then as soon as you put clothes on him, he looks like he's carrying a lot of "junk in his trunk"! haha. I want to use them for another week or two before I form an opinion of them. Below is a picture of him in his new cloth diaper:


Wednesday we got his pictures taken. The photographer came to our house, which was nice because then we didn't have to pack him up and he was at home where he is comfortable. The pictures went great!! He had a few moments where he had enough of being positioned and having bright lights in his face, but for a majority of the session he was all smiles and did great! He was in LOVE with the photographer -- she didn't have to work for a single smile from him!! We cannot wait to see how they turned out. It should be before the end of next week!

What else did we do this week?? Well, on Thursday we met daddy at work for a short visit! His work was celebrating "diversity day" and everyone was outside for the festivities (VPs volunteered to get into a dunking booth for charity...very interesting), so it was a beautiful day to meet him outside! After that, I went into my work for a quick visit! It is hard to believe that I only have 4 weeks left home with him. That's all I am going to say about that...I DO NOT want to think about going back to work. We've also worked on our morning routine this week. Eventually we will work on afternoon & evening too, but the morning is enough for now. It's going well so far -- he eats, then hangs out in his swing for a little (while listening to lullabies), then takes a nap.

This weekend, we are going to Lewistown to visit grandparents and other family. Olivia's 10th birthday party is on Saturday (roller skating party) and Ryan told her he was going to skate -- should be interesting!!!

I'll end with a picture of Connor giving his "pouty lip". I am absolutely amazed by this!! How the heck does he know to do this!? We are in trouble!! All he has to do is make that face and he gets whatever he wants. This could be dangerous down the road! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment