Thursday, September 2, 2010

Water Baby

Connor and I were in Lewistown from last Friday to Wednesday of this week. It was a nice visit, however it was hard being away from Daddy for a few of those days! Ryan got to spend some good, quality time studying for his GMATs that he takes tomorrow. We got to see a lot of people on our visit to Lewistown!


On Saturday, we went to a wedding reception for Ryan's childhood friend and neighbor, Brennan. Brennan and Samantha got married in Virginia and came to PA to celebrate with friends and family here. It was wonderful to see them and their little girl, McKenzie, who is a year older than Connor. We haven't seen them since we got married about 2 and 1/2 years ago! It did not take long for things to go back to old times. The boys spent a lot of the afternoon/evening reminiscing and acting like their old selves. It's crazy to think that a lot of us are either married/on our way to being married/having babies/etc.! I've said this once or 1,000 times, but times flies!

Sunday was my very good friend Jenna's baby shower!! She is due in mid/late October! It was wonderful to see her glowing! She had a beautiful shower and was surrounded by lots of friends and family!! She got sooooo many cute things! I cannot wait to meet baby Moyer (gender is a surprise) and for Connor to meet the baby too! Jenna and I have been friends since 6th grade and I am so glad that we are having babies at the same time! I hope that they grow up to be best buddies too!

The rest of our visit we went to see Connor's grandparents at work and did some fall shopping for him. Somehow we missed that season when shopping for him before he was born! But, thanks to his grandmothers, Connor is all set for fall now!! On Tuesday, Connor spent the afternoon at Ryan's parents house. This isn't the first afternoon I've spent away from him, but it was harder than the last! I think it was harder because I know work is approaching and I'll have to leave him more often. I am very lucky that I get to go back part time, but it is going to be so hard! I wish I could spend the rest of my leave not thinking about my first day back, but it's been in the back of my mind for a few days now.

Connor took his first dip in the pool with Meme when we were home! He loved it...he was kicking his little arms and legs!! I can't wait to get him back in the pool this weekend (if it's warm enough)!!





Wednesday we took Connor for his 2 month check up and immunizations. He weighed 12 lbs 0.8oz!! It's amazing how much he has grown since he was at his lowest weight at 4 days old (7lbs 2oz). He has also grown in length quite a bit! He's about 23 inches long! He got 3 shots while we were there as well as an oral vaccination. It was absolutely horrible! He cried quite a bit when he got the shots and then at about 6pm I think his legs were really sore (swollen and red) and he just cried and cried. We gave him generic Tylenol, and that seemed to help. I was prepared to be up with him all night, but when we finally did get him to bed at 11:30, he slept all night! Speaking of his sleep schedule...he has slept through the night the past 6 nights! YAH! When I was pregnant I would always tell my friend, Liz, that I didn't think I'd ever feel normal again. I was very tired all the time. She always told me to wait and see that I would feel like superwoman once we all became adjusted. Well, she was right -- I feel like superwoman!! :)

Thursday was a lazy day around the house doing laundry, chores, etc. But, we did get a visit from Connor's great aunt Nancy! See below!! It's a little blurry because he wouldn't let her stop rocking!


This week we started working on getting Connor ready for the transition of me going back to work. He hasn't been a fan of the bottle lately, but we're trying to give him one bottle a day so he can learn to like it more and try to get used to it. Once I'm back at work, he doesn't have a choice, unfortunately.

What's next?? Well, we are heading to Lewistown, yet again, for the holiday weekend. Lots of swimming, food, family, etc. I am sure Connor won't get put down for more than a diaper change and to sleep at night! Ryan's 26th birthday is on Saturday (man, he's getting old!!!) and PSU's first football game of the year is also that afternoon, so Ryan is happy about that. I'm sure there will be some serious Connor/Daddy time during the game! I already have Connor's PSU outfit packed to go home! Pictures to come..I'm sure.

Just a little update: Jen is still pregnant with Miss Phoebe (YAH)! And, Chrissy's dad is still recovering from surgery but getting better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment