Friday, March 23, 2012

Meal #20 ~ A family favorite!

I made this last week, but forgot to post it. I have some good recipes in the works for next week, so hopefully I'll get back on the bandwagon with posting my recipes!!

Corn Pudding
2 cans of cream style corn
2 eggs
12 oz can of evaporated milk
1/3 c cornstarch
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c melted butter


1. Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix the milk, eggs, and cornstarch. Mix well or else the dish can get lumpy.

3. In casserole dish, mix the milk mixture, sugar, butter, corn...and then stir. I usually cut back on the sugar and butter amounts. The original recipe from my Nana calls for 1 cup of sugar!!! It keeps getting cut back as it is passed down through generations!! Ha ha.

4. You can bake this, but I like to put it in the microwave. Microwave for about 10 min and you are done!  If you bake it, bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min until top is browned a little bit.

For dinner we had spicy kale lasagna, corn pudding, & garlic bread. Ryan used to think it was weird that we would have this dish with Italian meals, but it is a good pairing! The lasagna was a recipe that I posted about a month ago and froze. It was really good and we will have it again. And, of course, the corn pudding is delish!! :) It is usually at all of our holiday celebrations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment