Monday, March 5, 2012

A few homemade things...

A few months ago I posted a recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent. It is working great & we are still using the same double batch. The cheese cloth/rice is essential to keep the powder from getting hard (by the way).

We are in PA this week and my mom asked me to make her homemade fabric softener & laundry detergent. We are already using both of these items at home, but I didn't have a chance to post the recipes to share! Here they are...Sorry for no pictures, but it is pretty self explanatory!

Homemade Fabric Softener

Ingredients:
6 cups HOT water
3 cups white vinegar
2 cups Suave conditioner (I used ocean breeze for my mom)

1. Combine the hot water & conditioner until dissolved.
2. Add the vinegar & mix well.

That's it! You will use about 2 tablespoons per load.

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Ingredients:
1 cup Borax
1 cup washing soda
1 bar of Ivory soap

1. Combine the Borax & washing soda.
2. Grate the soap using a cheese grater. Add the soap to the powder mixture.
3. Combine well!

Another easy one! I recommend doubling this if you do a lot of laundry. You'll use about 1 tablespoon per load.

No comments:

Post a Comment