Friday, July 1, 2011

Post 15 - Something that upsets you

Okay... so after a couple months hiatus...I am going to try to continue with our blog challenge without Ryan. We are just too busy in the evenings when he gets home from work to bother him with it. So, I will try to finish it myself!:)

~Something that upsets you ~

I have a few small pet peeves that I just happened to be exposed to yesterday, so I'll write about them..

1. We were at the pool of the community where our temp housing is, so there is an array of ages spanning age 5-40s. It seems like a younger community and I haven't seen too many people over 40. Anyhow, we were at the pool and there were young kids swimming and these 20-somethings found it appropriate to cuss loudly around these kids. Of course, I don't like them doing it in front of Connor, but he doesn't understand yet. It bothered me more that they found it acceptable to swear in front of these kids.

2. I know we've come a LONG way with laws banning smoking in restaurants, bars, etc. So, I shouldn't complain. But again, we were at the pool last night and I was overwhelmed by cigarette smoke from these 20-somethings! Again, I find it offensive, but it bothers me even more that they are blowing their smoke in the direction of my 1 year old son. I hope some day they ban smoking everywhere except your home/car! I'd rather not die of cancer from 2nd hand smoke..thank you!

3. The drivers in IL!!! It is routine to see drivers run red lights, especially if they are waiting to make a left turn. The light will turn red and you'll see a line of 2-3 cars turn left after the light turns red. I understand if you are in the middle of the intersection because you are waiting for your chance to make a left turn and the light changes, but c'mon....they are definitely pushing the line with this one! But, like I said, it is so common...I wonder if the police officers ignore this one!?

That's all for now!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment