Monday, July 25, 2011

PA Visit

Today is our first day home after a 2 and 1/2 week visit to PA! It was a very busy & packed few weeks in PA!

We started our visit out by traveling to Pittsburgh for Craig & Danielle Kaniecki's wedding! Ryan was in the wedding, so I had a lot of R&R time the day of the wedding while Ryan filled his groomsmen duties! Connor stayed with my parents while we were away. It was a beautiful wedding and I know Craig & Danielle are going to be very happy!! The day after their wedding, we hosted a 1st birthday party for Connor at my parent's pool! It was great to see all of our friends & family and to celebrate Connor's first year!


Over the next few days we were able to visit with a bunch of friends ~ Liz & Ravi, Kristen & Ethan, baby Jameson & Jenna. We spent one day at Hershey Park with Kristen & Ethan and the boys had a blast in the pool and in the splash parks!

While I was home, I was able to throw a baby shower for my dear friend Katie who is expecting baby Hannah in September! It went very well and Katie got so many nice things!! It was nice for all of her friends & family to get together and celebrate Hannah before her arrival! I know lots of people are excited to meet her!

The beautiful flowers at the shower provided by my mother-in-law, Jan!

Katie (baby Hannah) and I

Katie's baby shower before the guests arrived!



Time flew and before we knew it, it was time to return back to IL! It feels good to be home and back in our routine, but we are missing everyone!!

We have a week of "downtime" and then things are going to start to get busy & hectic again. We close on our house on 8/2, the movers bring our stuff from storage on 8/3, and then we will be spending many days painting and getting settled into our new home. Luckily, my parents are coming to help the 1st week we are in the house and Ryan's family is coming the 2nd week! It would be near impossible to get things done with Connor and no babysitter because he is so busy these days.

My parents are coming out again in mid-September for my dad to run in a marathon in Chicago and then our next trip to PA is planned for the beginning of Oct!

Now a little on Connor and all the new things he is doing:

~ He gets around with ease. He can stand up on his own without having to go to furniture to stand up.
~ He has a huge appetite and he eats almost anything (if he is in the mood for it)! One day he will refuse a food and the next he will gobble it down.
~ He points to everything and attempts to say "What's that?"!
~ He is starting to try to mimic words we say. He says "daddy" perfectly, but sometimes we also hear "thank you", "tree", "cheese", and I'm told "pap"! No sign of "mommy" yet! :(
~ He mimics our actions too! One of my favorites is that he loves when we smell his feet and say "Ewww stinky"!! Today I saw him walk over to me, smell my foot, and attempt to say "eww"!! Ha ha.
~ While in PA, he got his 7th tooth with little to no fussing!
~ Connor tests my patience!! Ha ha. I find it hard not to laugh at him, but I am working on it! Everyone knows I am a germophobe. Today we were at Target and I forgot wipes to wipe down the cart. Okay, I can live with that. But, Connor decided that he was going to lick every inch of the cart that he could reach (ewwww!!!!). The first time he did it, I said no and he stopped, but he watched me and waited to see my reaction before he did it again! I kept telling him no, but the little stinker kept on going and would pause between each "lick" to see what I was going to do. He definitely has a naughty side!! Wonder where he gets it??:)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment