Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Long overdue...Meal #23!

So, I'm a tad behind with my posts...lol. Not because I haven't been cooking, but because I haven't had the time with the arrival of Maggie! I'll do my best to keep posting, but I'm probably not going to put as much detail into the posts as I had been doing previously! Sorry folks:)... food tastes just as good though!:)

Easy Garlic Chicken 

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Grease casserole dish (very important! I greased my dish and I still had to scrub to get it clean).
2- In a small saute pan, saute garlic & olive oil until tender.
3- Remove from heat and add brown sugar.
4. Spoon mixture over chicken in casserole dish.
5- Add salt & pepper to taste.
6- Bake for 15-30 min. I had thin chicken breasts, so it only took 15 min.

Verdict: Very sweet and yummy! Will definitely make again!

Zucchini, Black Bean, & Quinoa Skillet 

Ingredients:
1 T canola oil
1 1/2 c quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
1 1/2 c diced green bell pepper
15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
3/4 c water
1 c quinoa
1/2 c shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese blend

Directions:
1- Heat oil in a large skillet over med heat. Add zucchini and bell peppers; cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat to bring to a boil.
2- Add quinoa (the recipe actually called for rice, but I had quinoa in my pantry. Quinoa can be subbed for rice in any recipe, in my opinion!). Let simmer until liquid is absorbed (10-15 min). Sprinkle with cheese.

Zucchini and peppers simmering

Quinoa...yum!!

Finished product!


Verdict: LOVED this!! I am so glad we have leftovers! 

So, I'm what... 10.5 months into my 2012 New Years resolution! I must say, this is the first one I've kept! And secretly... I never thought I'd say this.. I've enjoyed it (when I'm not tired and when I have the time)!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment