Monday, February 20, 2012

A little slice of heaven!

My absolute favorite cookie recipe of all time!!! I've been making them for about 4 years now and I've now got them down to a science. Thanks, Liz, for an amazing recipe!!:)

Liz's Chocolate Chips Cookies

aka Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!!








Salivating yet??:)

** I always double this recipe **

3/4 c rolled oats
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter, softened (If you double this recipe, Liz recommends 1/4 c smart balance butter + 2 T lighter bake (found in a jar in the baking aisle) -- cuts back on the butter)
1/4 c canola oil
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grind oats in a food processor or blender (you can skip this if you want -- I do not skip this step though).
3. Transfer to a bowl and stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, beat butter (and lighter bake) until fluffy. Add oil, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. 
5. With mixer running, add dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Bake until cookies are firm around edge. Recipe suggests 15 min, but mine are usually done in 8-10 min. I let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few min after taking them out of the oven. I don't know if it really does anything, but I feel like they bake just a tad bit longer on the sheet and come out perfectly!

I then cool them on a wire rack.

I rarely have lighter bake on hand, so I usually just use whatever butter we have on hand (sorry Liz!!)...

Enjoy! They truly are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment